I am very happy to hold my next book in my hands. This is my latest book, published:
Qt5 Python GUI Programming Cookbook: Building responsive and powerful cross-platform applications with PyQt
PyQt is one of the best cross-platform interface toolkits currently available; it’s stable, mature, and completely native. If you want control over all aspects of UI elements, PyQt is what you need. This book will guide you through every concept necessary to create fully functional GUI applications using PyQt, with only a few lines of code.
As you expand your GUI using more widgets, you will cover networks, databases, and graphical libraries that greatly enhance its functionality. Next, the book guides you in using Qt Designer to design user interfaces and implementing and testing dialogs, events, the clipboard, and drag and drop functionality to customize your GUI. You will learn a variety of topics, such as look and feel customization, GUI animation, graphics rendering, implementing Google Maps, and more. Lastly, the book takes you through how Qt5 can help you to create cross-platform apps that are compatible with Android and iOS. You will be able to develop functional and appealing software using PyQt through interesting and fun recipes that will expand your knowledge of GUIs
What you will learn
- Use basic Qt components, such as a radio button, combo box, and sliders
- Use QSpinBox and sliders to handle different signals generated on mouse clicks
- Work with different Qt layouts to meet user interface requirements
- Create custom widgets and set up customizations in your GUI
- Perform asynchronous I/O operations and thread handling in the Python GUI
- Employ network concepts, internet browsing, and Google Maps in UI
- Use graphics rendering and implement animation in your GUI
- Make your GUI application compatible with Android and iOS devices
Who this book is for
If you’re an intermediate Python programmer wishing to enhance your coding skills by writing powerful GUIs in Python using PyQT, this is the book for you.